Saturday, October 20, 2012

I want my Mummy

Happy Saturday!  I'm getting in the Halloween spirit and decided to do mummy nails for the weekend.  I have a friend with pancreatic cancer who's fundraiser I'm going to today so I added a purple accent nail in honor of her.  I thought I had a ribbon stamp plate and I was going to do a purple ribbon mani but I was wrong.  I've been wanting to do mummies for a couple of weeks so here ya go!
I don't know why my fingers look so puffy this morning.  Must be all the salty stuff I ate yesterday.  Shame on me for retaining water!!
I used OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls for the base of the mummies.  Then I free handed the black stripey lines with black Kiss nail art paint.  For the purple spider nail I used Color Club Pucci-Licious.  I really love this shade of purple but don't seem to wear it much.  I must change that.  The spider is stamped on using mash plate 38 and Sinful Colors Snow Me White.  I used my dotting tool for the mummy eyes.  I think it looks pretty cute.  Especially from afar.  LOL, below is a close up that shows my poor clean up job.  Why oh why is it so hard for me to get a decent clean up?  I see other nails on blogs that are cleaned up so beautifully.  I try, and end up removing half the polish.  Hehe!  Oh well, I still like this mani!    
Have a great weekend friends!!

2 comments:

  1. OMG! I love these. The mummy eyes are so cute :D What do you use to clean up? I use my angled eyeliner brush or a pointed cotton bud. I find these perfect to use.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not tried an angled brush. I've been using just a regular small eye brush or a pointed cotton bud. I might try the angled one and see if I do better with it. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

I love everyone's comments and appreciate every single one of them! Thank you to all who take the time to read and comment. :)