Sunday, October 7, 2012

Dry Marble

Good Morning!  Since I have a three day weekend I decided to try something new.  I have a horrible time getting a water marble to look good so I did a bit of searching and found a dry marble technique I thought I would try.  For this technique you paint on to a baggie, marble it with a toothpick and then peel it off a few hours later and apply to your nails.  I'm not very happy with the result and didn't even attempt at clean up because I knew I would be removing it today, but thought I would share with my faithful readers.  I think what I don't like about it is the color combo but I'm not sure.  It was fairly easy to do, I'm just not happy with the end result.  Anywho, here is my first attempt at dry marbling.  Enjoy!



One thing I'm not happy with is the huge difference between both hands.  I painted a big area of the baggie and the one hand really only shows the blue and orange while the other hand just shows what looks like a jumbled messy spill of polish.  I used 4 colors.  Blue, orange, green, and plum.  I thought they would look nice and fallish (is that a word?).  To me it actually just looks blah.  I'm sure I'll try this method again sometime, maybe in the spring with pastels.  It seems to be a never-ending quest of mine to master a marbling effect.  It's good to have goals, right?  LOL, I hope everyone is having a great weekend.  Tomorrow I'm going to try a "on the nail" marbling technique.  Hopefully that will turn out nicer.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I've tried water marble (notice I didn't say mastered!) so I keep meaning to attempt this to see if it's easier. I read somewhere that if you cut out a piece of paper the same size as each nail and use that as a template to cut out the dry marble shapes, it's meant to be easier. But these, I love. Especially the ring finger in the first 2 pics and I love the ring finger in the last 2! If this is what they look like BEFORE cleanup, I could imagine how amazing they would be after! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, thanks! I'm sure I'll try it again sometime. Cutting paper the size of my nails is a good idea. I'll have to try that when I do this again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaning to try this!! I think it looks awesome!!! I've tried water marbling, too and while it looks ok it certainly is NOT awesome!! Some people just know how to do this stuff so well!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I'm hoping that one day I will master some form of marbling. I tried "on the nail" dry marble yesterday and that was a disaster. LOL, it will happen hopefully with lots of practice and less frustration. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love everyone's comments and appreciate every single one of them! Thank you to all who take the time to read and comment. :)