Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hawaiian Stamp

How are all my lovelies today??  Last night I had it set in my mind that I would try another water marbling and really wanted to do it with yellow, white, black and orange.  However, the only yellow I have is an insta-dri and those don't work for that application.  I thought I could use the yellow as the base and that it would show through but that didn't work.  So, second attempt at water marbling didn't work.  Since I still had the yellow on as the base, I decided to go ahead and stamp on it.  Here's the result.  :)
Started with Sally Hanson - Lightening.  This is a pretty bright yellow that I really like a lot.  I've got two coats on in this pic.  Next I found the stamp I wanted which turned out to be the same flower one I used a week or so ago.  It's Mash-42.  After applying a couple coats of clear insta-dri, I decided to stick with the insta-dri polishes and picked out Orange Impulse for my accent nails and the stamp color.
I was happy to find this about a month ago on clearance at Walgreens.  Awesome buy for just a $1.49.
Next I painted my ring finger nails on each hand the beautiful orange and then started stamping away.  I used the same orange for the stamping on the yellow fingers.  I used the yellow and Mash plate 43 for the stamping on my accent fingers.  Topped off with a coat of clear insta-dri and then two top coats of Revlon Extra Life No Chip top coat.  This was a fun mani to do.  I'm super happy with the results.  Let me know what you think!



TaTa for now.  Live the life you love!!
Shar

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love everyone's comments and appreciate every single one of them! Thank you to all who take the time to read and comment. :)