Monday, August 6, 2012

Reinforcements

Good evening lovelies!  I wasn't planning on a new manicure until tomorrow or Wednesday but my dang thumb chipped this afternoon so instead of fixing one nail I decided to do all.  LOL!  They didn't turn out the way I pictured them in my mind, but they're ok for a day or two.  So, here we go...
I started with a base of Sinful Colors Out of this World.  Then I put a hole reinforcement on the bottom part of my nail.  A little higher than that half moon looking thing under your nail.

I used the reinforcement kinda like taping off the woodwork when you paint a wall.  So I painted down and a little on it so I would have a nice clean line.  For my upper color I used SC Amethyst.  I love this shade of purple.

Next I pulled the reinforcements off and had a nice clean line.  I painted a clear coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri to kinda even everything out.  Then I dotted the bottom half with a bunch of different colors.  Pink, green, orange, baby blue, and the same purple I used for the upper part.
Finished off with a top coat and here is the finished product.  I wish I had a clear glitter that I could have put over it.  I think that would have made them look much better.  Maybe if I can drive tomorrow after my cast removal, I'll go to Walgreens and get one.  For now, this will have to do!  Thanks for reading, friends.  Let me know if you have any ideas you'd like me to try.  :)

2 comments:

  1. This is an amazing look! Love it! Have you tried butterfly nails yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! No, I have never heard of butterfly nails. I will have to find an example and try them. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete

I love everyone's comments and appreciate every single one of them! Thank you to all who take the time to read and comment. :)