Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dots and NEW followers!!

Oh happy day!  I am totally happy to announce that I have two new followers!  I can now honestly say that at least two people that are not related read this goofy blog of mine.  Happy face!!  :)  Seriously, a big thank you to all!  I know that I can do better with my pictures and descriptions of the polish I use and now that I know that more than my hubby and sister are reading I promise to do the best I can from now on!!  I'm still fairly new at blogging so I know I can only get better.  The technical aspect of this baffles me at times.  Like getting my header better aligned and setting up tabs, but I know I will eventually get it all figured out.  So, having said that, I now present my latest dotty nails.  I totally idolize "A Girl and Her  Polish (www.agirlandherpolish.com) and she's does dots that look amazing so I'm constantly trying to get close to having a dot manicure that is as nice as hers.  This one turned out pretty good and I love the pink and grey combination.  For the base I used Pure Ice Kiss Me Here.
The accent nail is Essie Lights.  I tried to stamp a heart on the accent nail but it didn't show up very well so I just dotted over it.  The pink dots are done with Essie Lights and Maybelline Express Finish Posy Pink.
I topped it all off with Revlon Extra Life top coat.  I'm still trying to find a top coat that doesn't smear.  I'm think I'm going to order seche vite or make a trip to the Ulta store and see if they have it there.  Lots of folks seem to really like it.
And for my sis, I matched my hairy toes with the pink and grey.  It's a shame that because of my healing ankle I can't wear sandals to show them off.  My physical therapist sure liked them though!!  Thank you again to my new followers and to everyone who likes to check out my fancy fingers and hairy toes!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mommadime, just thought I'd share some advice I got from other bloggers that I found of use.
    I got my header from http://www.mybannermaker.com/ it is totally free. Fits Blogger too.
    Make a twitter/facebook/pinterest if you want loads of followers and follow other nail bloggers.
    Remove the word verification on your comment box. It's too difficult to make out sometimes. lol! Lots of potential commenters will be put off leaving a comment due to this.
    Lastly, here is a link to the tab code http://www.allblogtools.com/tricks-and-hacks/how-to-add-top-navigation-menu-bar-to-blogger-blogspot/ Hope this helps.

    Oh, and I know we started blogging at the same time but here's a proper welcome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great advice Pixie~Nails!! And lovely nails Mommadime!!! I love the colors your chose for this lovely mani!!

    Also the best advice I can give you for blogging that I've learned is comment comment comment!! Constantly commenting on other people's sites will eventually get them to click on your name and hopefully lead to a follow back on a link. It may take every 10 or 15 comments before you even get 1 follow back, but it's worth it if you want to share your nail art to a wider scope of friends!!

    Lovely blog my dear! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!! I'm so happy right now! Thank you so much for the advice and welcome. Now I just need to figure out how to remove the verification on comments. I don't want to turn off my potential commenters. Hehe. You both are wonderful for taking the time to read and comment with great advice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more about the commenting thing DL! It took me weeks apon weeks of commenting to start to notice followers.

      If you haven't found the word verification thing yet, follow this:

      Click on the *B* at the top left of your screen, Right beside the orange 'create new post' button is a double page icon button with a drop down menu, click it, scroll down to settings.

      At the bottom left you will see,

      Settings
      Basic
      Posts and comments
      Mobile and email
      etc...

      click posts and comments, and choose NO for word verification.

      Also, while you are in there, you could change 'Comment Moderation' to 'sometimes' 'For posts older than 1 day' this will able to you not miss any comments that are made on old blog posts.

      Happy Blogging :)

      Delete
  4. Woot woot! I figured it out and turned off the word verification. Thanks again! Oh, and welcome to my 3rd none related follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love everyone's comments and appreciate every single one of them! Thank you to all who take the time to read and comment. :)