Thursday, September 20, 2012

Gradients

Hello!!  I'm so happy to have a few more followers.  :)  Thanks and welcome to all!
I don't now about you but I like to paint my nails to help me relax.  For some reason it really calms me down and makes me happy.  However, lately I've been trying so many new nail designs that I have become very frustrated and giving myself a mani was not so relaxing.  So after two days of total frustration with my visions not working out or turning out as I pictured them in my mind,  I decided to spend the rest of the week with easy applications.  And with that, I present my two recent gradient manicures.  For the first one I used my two favorite colors.  Orange and Pink.  I used Essie Tour de Finance as the base, and for the gradient I used Sinful Colors Clementine.

I love it when Walgreens has Sinful Colors for .99.  I always pick up a lot of colors during that week!
Aren't these pretty together?  I got lots of compliments on my nails while wearing it.
I made my first trip to Sally beauty the other day and picked up a few polishes and some eye makeup.  Two of the polishes I got were the ones I used in this next gradient.  First I put down my new China Glaze Spontaneous, then I sponged on my new Orly Velvet Rope.

I really like the sparkle in the Velvet Rope.  It's so pretty!
Both of these were so easy to do and turned out awesome.  They brought the joy back to doing my nails.  I think I might wait for weekends to try the harder designs and stamping.  That will give me lots more time to get the look I have pictured in my mind.  So Lovelies, what do you think?  And do any of you get frustrated with getting the perfect design to look good?  Oh, and I finally got my Seche Vite top coat!  I'm afraid Sally Beauty is going to become my new favorite store.  :)  Enjoy, and remember to live the life you love!!

6 comments:

  1. I totally love your gradient manis!! Sometimes when things don't work out with my nails I get super frustrated! And gradients are one of the things that frustrates me the most! Everyone else seems to get it except me!! :( And Seche Vite is awesome! I use it like there is no tomorrow! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I totally enjoyed sporting both those gradient manis, and I got compliments from complete strangers on both of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinky orangey one is gorgeous, I've been wanting to try that combo for a while but worried the orange won't show up, boy was I wrong!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I really loved that mani! The colors are just so fun and happy to me. :)

      Delete
  4. I am totally in love with your orange and pink grad mani! They so remind me of the Fruit Salad Chew Sweets. Sometimes my plans don't work out (just have a look at my first water marble!) but I just keep practicing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've tried water marbling a couple of times and still haven't come even close to mastering it. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. In fact, I plan to try it again this weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will turn out. One Sunday I went through almost a whole bottle of remover because every design/technique I tried looked horrible. It's after days like those that I just try to go back to the basics.

      Delete

I love everyone's comments and appreciate every single one of them! Thank you to all who take the time to read and comment. :)